Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Excuse me...can you tell me how to get to...?

I'm lost.

Well, not really, but that is how I feel. Have you ever been at a place in your life when you felt like you had finally figured everything out only to have the rug ripped out from under you? Suddenly your life is no longer as it was and you are left to figure everything out on your own.

I am no stranger to struggle. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I've had to fight for whatever I managed to get (I did have a brother after all!). Because of that, it came as a great surprise when there came a point in my life when doors of opportunity began to fly open at random. What's a girl to do to do but to walk (or run wildly) through those doors?

I did. What I found on the other side of those doors felt like home to me and felt like I was finally stepping into what I was designed for. But now, it seems as if all of those once-open doors have now slammed shut and I'm left stumbling around in a dark hallway. No light. No direction.

This is a very frustrating place for me to be. I don't enjoy feeling this way, but I also understand that I'm not the only person in the world who has felt this way. I'm sure you have felt that way before. I know when I feel this way, there is nothing that anyone can say to make me feel better. I do, however, find great peace and comfort in this:

I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Psalm 32:8

And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not. Isaiah 58:11

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:4,7

For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course. Proverbs 2:6-9

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

I may not understand everything going on in my life at all times and I may not even like it all. However, I will trust in my God and His plans for me.

If you are facing (or have faced) a similar battle, I hope that you will find strength and hope in the word of God as I have. If you have any verses that have helped you through a rough time in life, please post them in the comment section below. Let's link arms and face our battles armed with the word of God! 
PS...Feel free to share this with anyone else who may need some direction or encouragement. We all face times like this. It's nice to know you're not alone. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you, Christy! I do know exactly how you feel, and all I can say is that God will honor your heart. I do have a few Scriptures that have helped me through times of questioning and seeking.

    "I desire to do your will, O my God;
    your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

    "He who...reveals his thoughts to man...
    the LORD God Almighty is his name." Amos 4:13

    "...there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries." Daniel 2:28

    "I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
    it is not for man to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23

    (Jeremiah 29:11 which you have posted above)

    "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you'
    not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27

    "He himself is our peace." Ephesians 2:14

    "These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

    "I will bless the LORD at all times;
    His praise shall continually be in my mouth...
    "I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
    and delivered me from all my fears...
    "The righteous cry and the LORD hears,
    and delivers them out of all their troubles...
    "Many are the afflictions of the righteous;
    but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
    Psalm 34:1,4,17,19

    "I am wandering like a lost sheep,
    come and look for your servant,
    for I have not forgotten your commandments."
    Psalm 119:176

    "If Yahweh does not build a house
    in vain do its builders toil."
    Psalm 127:1a

    I will be praying for you, because I know from experience what you're going through. Hang in there, sister!!!

    ReplyDelete