Wednesday, January 15, 2014

You Can't Handle the Truth!

I can't tell you how many times this topic comes up in my conversations with others. People are always asking me how to deal with fear and anxiety. I have dealt with my fair share of both of these pesky, little troublemakers in my life and have been blessed to have people in my life who were able to teach me some profound truths that helped me through. As I prayed about how to share this with you, I thought of a few scriptures to help, but I was also reminded of a previous blog that I wrote in 2012. It explains the battle we face with fear so well that I decided to include a link to it below as a part of this blog (Be sure to check it out!).
 
Here is the basic truth that pulverizes fear (and the resulting anxiety): Fear is based on LIES from Satan.
 
Now, as a disclaimer, I am not delving into uncontrollable psychological phobias (ie. fear of spiders) or danger-based fears (i.e. falling from an airplane with no parachute). I am talking about how the enemy of God attacks our character, hope, joy, and peace. He may tell us, "You're stupid. You will never amount to anything. You have no talent. You'll never get anywhere in life. You're not even a good person. You have no worth." The list goes on and on. So how do you combat a lie?
 
Source: Public Domain
 
Truth is what sets you free!
 
I don't know about you, but that makes me want to look Satan in the face and shout, "You can't HANDLE the truth!" with my best Jack Nicholson impression.  
 
As a child of God, you have access to all Truth because the Spirit of Truth lives inside of you! If you are afraid, ask yourself, "What lie did Satan tell me to make me think I needed to be afraid (or anxious)?" When you find the answer to that question, replace that lie with TRUTH from the Word of God! Here is some Truths to get you started: 
 
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money. Be happy with what you have. God has said, “I will never leave you or let you be alone.” 6 So we can say for sure, “The Lord is my Helper. I am not afraid of anything man can do to me.”
Those who fear the Lord are secure; he will be a refuge for their children.
 
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
 
“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
 
So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”
 
We don't have to cower to Satan's fear-inducing lies. We can choose Truth and disarm our enemy. It is a war that will forever be waged until Satan is one day put in his place, but this is who we are:


We are warriors equipped to destroy lies with the Truth.


So get ready, Warrior, this is one battle you can win, but the great news is that you'll never have to fight it alone!


Here's the blog entry I mentioned earlier: The Warrior Child. Enjoy!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Know someone who needs to read this blog? Feel free to share it using the buttons below. Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment