Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Further Down The Rabbit Hole, Alice!

For those of you who have been following along on this 30-day blog journey, you may be feeling a bit of what I'm feeling right now. I feel very much like Alice who found herself hurtling down a rabbit hole into a whole new world where things were very different from what she was used to. She learned many new and strange things that forever altered her destiny.

I'm Alice. This blog is the rabbit hole and I'm discovering God. It is one thing to know ABOUT God. It is another story to know HIM. I have known God for a long time, but I feel like I have learned so much more about Him over the past 10 days. Whereas my faith would be shaky at best sometimes (meaning I wasn't sure if I could fully trust or believe He would do what He said) prior to this journey, I feel like I can't HELP but trust God now. Simply by learning about His names, character, and attributes, I have engaged the supernatural truth of God and I will never be the same.

Today, I learned what "immutable" means. I've heard it before, but never understood the definition (Here's a hint: It doesn't mean "the inability to be quiet." LOL). "Immutable" is an attribute that describes God's consistency, perfection, and inability to be anything other than Who He is.

Psalm 102:25-28 (NLT)

25 Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens with your hands.
26 They will perish, but you remain forever; they will wear out like old clothing. You will change them like a garment and discard them.
27 But you are always the same; you will live forever.
28 The children of your people will live in security. Their children’s children will thrive in your presence.”

God isn't going away. He isn't dead, nor can He be killed. He will not fade away like a mist like human life will, but He remains forever. He doesn't age, get sick, fail, make mistakes, sin, break, fall apart, or malfunction. He can't be outsmarted and is perfect in all He does. Even when we don't understand or agree with how He is doing things, He is still doing what is right and necessary. We don't see all the factors, but God does. He sees the beginning, the end, and everything in between. He sees what is hidden and what is exposed, He can not be anything other than Himself and He will live forever.

My favorite part of the verse mentioned above is the last line that says,"Their children's children will thrive in your presence." I am learning that I need less and less of the material things in life to "thrive." I feel that God is getting me to a place of complete dependence on Him for everything. By revealing to me Who He is, He is showing me that I am in good hands and that He can be everything I will ever need. He IS all I will ever need!

No comments:

Post a Comment