Monday, June 4, 2012

God, Just Who Do You Think You Are?!

It's a valid question. Who IS God? Some wonder, many think they have Him all figured out, and others couldn't care less who He is. In our world, there are many perspectives on the whole "God thing." I find myself being a hybrid. I know God. I have a relationship with Him that was made possible because of Jesus' death on the cross for me. However, even though I know him (in part), I still have so many questions and have a deep hunger to learn more. Not to sound sacreligious, but it's kind of like that Lay's potato chip commercial says, "Betcha can't eat just one." I dare anyone to truly give God the chance He deserves and see if you can walk away. He is compelling. Once you experience Him, you instinctively want more.

In light of that instinct, I am about to embark on a journey and I'm inviting you all to join me. I have recently been inspired by a fellow blogger and woman of God at my church. She set out to listen intently for God and radically obey Him regardless of what He asked her to do for 30 days. I took the challenge with her and was rocked by what I experienced and what God asked of me.

This journey is a part of that. On this journey, I am going to focus on a name and/or attribute of God for the next 30 days. It may mean that I am a sharing from my own studies or personal experience. However, it may also mean that you might get a front row seat to watch me wrestle with some things. Regardless, I am making a promise to be real, honest, and vulnerable. No one can ever fully comprehend the vastness of who God is, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Join me on my journey! I'd love to hear about your stories of discovering or experiencing God along the way. Feel free to post your comments below or email me, if you like. Let's dare to learn the truth of who God is for ourselves, never taking someone else's word for it.

Holy Father,

In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, I ask that you would remove anything that blinds me from seeing you. Show me more of you. Illuminate the truth and open my eyes, mind, ears, heart, and soul to experience you over these next 30 days.

All I want is you.

In Jesus Name, Amen

2 comments:

  1. YAY! for you! I'll be praying for you and walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our concept of God is what dictates how and where we see God having control. We try and limit is power and how He can speak into someone's life. He breathed planets, hello planets and stars that are a million times bigger than our sun and He can only do things on Sunday morning if the lighting is right and that certain worship song is playing? Sorry for the little rant. God will reached down and place His hand on you at anytime, as long as you are willing to serve his most precious riches, his people. It's not about us, it's about Him and them. Have to tell myself that more than want to admit.

    ReplyDelete